The Gerda Henkel Foundation will provide 1,600 euros, and receiving a salary or retirement pension and a scholarship at the same time is not possible. The Foundation’s PhD scholarships are funded for up to two years.
Application Deadline: PhD scholarship applications are accepted throughout the year. PhD scholarship recipients will be chosen four times per year.
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: 1,600 euros
Number of Awards: 50
At the university, you must enroll in PhD degree coursework.
If an applicant was 25 when they graduated, they can still apply for a Ph.D. scholarship from the Foundation when they are 35. This age limit will be extended to account for the following circumstances: night school, child rearing, military service, work experience, and other exceptional circumstances.
In Germany, you must have at least 1.5. (comparable with grade A in other countries). A special examination for inclusion in the selection process will be conducted in the Foundation’s office for candidates with a foreign degree.
You must have a certificate of English language proficiency.
How to Apply for Gerda Henkel Foundation for International Students 2022:
Applicants must complete the scholarship application form, and letters of recommendation must be uploaded by their authors with a personal signature via the online recommendation form. Please do not send the documents via email or postal mail.
- Supporting Documents: The following records must be submitted with a PhD scholarship application (in German or English)
- The research proposal’s description (max. eight pages)
- if necessary, a bibliography (in addition to the max. eight pages)
- line spacing 1.5 and a minimum font size of 11.
- Schedule and work schedule including details on the required trip to archives, libraries, museums, or other locations needed for the dissertation’s completion (max. two pages)
- Calculation of the likely travel and material expenses in detail, including estimates if necessary
- No tuition or college costs
- a table-format curriculum vitae
- a statement attesting to the university degree required for PhD studies (generally Master certificate; for direct doctorates: seminar attendance certificates; please do not send Bachelor certificates). Send copies only; references need not be attested.
- Two professional assessments of the candidate’s qualifications and the caliber of the PhD project:
- The applicant is free to select the referees.
- The individual who later serves as the second examiner for the PhD thesis cannot compile the second report.
- Online form for recommendations
- the option of submitting multiple letters of endorsement.
- Admission Requirements: In Germany, applicants must have a grade point average of 1.5 or higher (comparable with grade A in other countries). A special examination for inclusion in the selection process will be performed in the Foundation’s office for candidates with a foreign degree.
- Students must have a certificate of English language proficiency.