The African Scientific, Research, and Innovation Council (ASRIC) is a special advisory body to the African Union tasked with implementing the Science, Technology, and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA-2024) and promoting scientific research and innovation to address Africa’s socioeconomic development challenges.
The first and second calls for PhD scholarships for African students were successfully announced for the academic years 2019-2020 and 2020-2021, respectively, and eligible candidates were selected after a rigorous screening process. Following the success of the first and second calls, the ASRIC and UEMF are launching the third call for the year 2022.
Eligibility Requirement for the Fully Funded ASRIC-UEMF PhD Scholarships
- Must be a citizen of an African Union member country.
- Applicants must be under the age of 35 on the closing date of this call.
- Must have a Master’s Degree (in science or engineering), Diploma or Engineering Diploma, or any other equivalent diploma (baccalaureate + 5); and The candidate must demonstrate exceptional ability and dedication, as well as research experience in the chosen field of study.
- The ASRIC and UEMF are offering ten scholarship slots to African PhD students for the academic year 2022-2023 to conduct doctoral research at the Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (UEMF) in Morocco. The study period and the scholarship period are both three years long.
The scholarship covers tuition fees of approximately $9,000 per year, an annual return ticket from your home country with a maximum contribution of $1,000 during summer vacation, and a stipend allowance of $1,000 per month for 11 months per year.
Candidates must be willing to conduct research in the following areas:
Additive Manufacturing and Artificial Intelligence
Sensors for Renewable Energy, Green Hydrogen, and Power-to-X Chemistry Management
The Application Form must be completed and submitted before the call’s deadline. The following documents should also be attached to the application form:
- a current curriculum vitae;
- A certified copy of the baccalaureate;
- A certified copy of the master’s diploma or the engineering diploma or any other equivalent diploma (Bac + 5);
- A copy of certified transcript(s) of all university-level coursework completed corresponding to the diploma or masters;
- A copy of the Master (or equivalent) thesis or dissertation;
- A certified copy of an applicant’s international passport.
- 2 personal passport size photographs
- Application Deadline: 30 June 2022